Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) North Wales

A RdSAP (Reduced Standard Assessment Procedure) domestic EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) is required to market, sell or let a property, be it a house or flat, that were constructed pre 2007. Any property constructed after that date should have a full SAP calculation generated prior to, or on construction.

The EPC provides details on the energy performance of the property and what can be done to improve it.

Our accredited Energy Assessors visit the property to collect the data required for assessing energy features to generate a certificate using government-approved software. The assessment is based on the construction and type of dwelling and specifics such as heating systems, insulation and glazing.

You can check if a property has a valid EPC by going to and click the link to access the Domestic EPC Registers. Click on ‘Report Retrieval’ and follow the instructions on the screen.

An EPC is valid for 10 years from the 'Date of Certificate' date.

EPCs use standardised assumptions so as to make properties directly comparable while still reflecting the features of individual properties.

The Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property - England and Wales) Regulations 2015

As of 1st April 2018 there is a requirement for properties in the private rented sector to normally have an EPC rating of ‘E’ (39) or above on an Energy Performance Certificate. The regulations affect new lets, renewals and all existing tenancies as of 1st April 2020.

Any property rented out which breaches the requirement for a minimum ‘E’ rating will be unlawful unless there is an applicable exemption.

An EPC relates to the property rather than to the owner or occupier and remains valid irrespective of the owner. An EPC obtained by a previous owner of the property will remain valid after a property is sold on for up to ten years. EPCs relate to the property, not how it is used or occupied. 

Request a Quote

For more information about EPCs or a quotation for producing one please contact us or fill out the callback / need a survey form below.

Need a Survey?

Need a survey?

Our experienced surveyors can assess your property and produce thorough reports for:

  • Timber
  • Damp
  • Timber & Damp
  • Asbestos
  • EPC

If you'd like to know more about our services please send us your details and we'll get back to you.

CHAS Accredited Contractor Logo Elmhurst Energy Approved Energy Assessor Logo Property Care Association Logo Triton Waterproofing Systems Logo TrustMark Government Endorsed Quality Logo

Printed from on 10/08/2022 14:48:49.

Unit A6, Peblig Mill, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 2SE

Tel: 01286 672430
Email: [email protected]

Sending email....